Auxiliary Constables Wanted
February 1st, 2024
Saugeen Shores Police Auxiliary Officer
Saugeen Shores is a growing community located on the Lake of Huron coastline in the County of Bruce and covers 170 square kilometers. Saugeen Shores is the amalgamated municipalities of Port Elgin, Saugeen Township and Southampton.
The Saugeen Shores Police Service is accepting applications from candidates for the position of Auxiliary Officer.
AUXILIARY MEMBER COMMITMENT
- This is a volunteer position and is unpaid.
- As an Auxiliary member, you must commit at least 10 hours of voluntary service each month and attend training as required.
- You will be required to attend community events and assist members by partnering with officers on uniform patrol
AUXILIARY MEMBER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Be of good moral character and habits
- Be able to speak, understand, read and write English effectively
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position having regard to their own safety and the safety of the public
- Hold a non-probationary Ontario Driver’s Licence and have accumulated no more the six (6) demerit points
- Produce satisfactory proof of having completed the requirements for the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, or equivalent
- Have not been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been obtained
- Have no criminal charges pending before the courts
- Possess a current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of an effective and professional team
- Have a strong desire to serve the community, a strong sense of loyalty and duty, and the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently
AUXILIARY MEMBER APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1: Ensure you are eligible to apply be meeting all of the minimum requirements and commitments as outlined above.
Step 2: Complete a cover letter and resume and email to Sgt Briggs #37 at email@example.com or submit a hard copy to the Saugeen Shores Police Station at 1240 Mackenzie Rd. Port Elgin, ON N0H 2C0
Step 3: Observation - written assessment
Step 4: Competency-based Panel Interview
Step 5: Background Investigation
Step 6: Acceptance and placement
Saugeen Shores Police would like to thank all interested applicants. Only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted to schedule the next step.
Closing Date: March 1st, 2024
The Saugeen Shores Police Service welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspect of the hiring process