Impaired Driving and Drug Trafficking Arrest
Impaired Driving and Drug Trafficking Related Offences
On Wednesday, April 5th at 11:20pm, officers were conducting RIDE spot checks in Southampton when they stopped a driver that exhibited signs of being impaired by a drug.
The driver refused to comply with officers demands. At one point he finally complied, but quickly jumped into the back seat of the vehicle in a clear attempt to conceal or discard an item. Officers struggled with the male after he was removed from the vehicle. He was eventually restrained and placed under arrested.
Once is custody the male refused to identify himself and provided fraudulently obtained driver’s licence.
The driver was transported to the station where officers verified his true identity. A search of the male revealed a cocaine, psilocybin and a large quantity of cash.
His vehicle was impounded for 45 days.
A 23 year old Toronto man has been charged with:
- Operation While Impaired- alcohol and drugs - CC 320.14(1)(a)
- Resist Peace Officer - CC 129(a)
- Obstruct Peace Officer - CC 129(a)
- Operation While prohibited - CC 320.18
- Possession of a Sched I for purpose of trafficking - Cocaine - CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of a Sched III for purpose of trafficking - CDSA 5(2)
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 - CC 354(1)(a)
- Possession of a Forged Document with Intent - CC 368(1)(d)
The male was held for a bail hearing and remanded into custody.
Media Relations Officer
Sgt Andy Evans