Disturbance Leads to Firearms Seizure
Disturbance Leads to Firearm Seizure
On November 11th 2020 at approximately 7:59pm Police received a report of a disturbance at an apartment complex located in the town of Port Elgin, ON.
Police attended the address and spoke with a male resident. Police entered the residence to ensure that there were no other parties in distress.
While inside of the apartment Police observed what appeared to be a long gun laying on the floor of a bedroom without a trigger lock.
A CPIC check revealed that the male was currently “wanted” by Saugeen Shores Police and he was placed under arrest without incident.
Police identified the firearm as a loaded ASR 9mm semi automatic long gun with a 15-round magazine.
Police executed a warrant at the residence at 2:27am on November 12th 2020.
During the search police located and seized various calibers and quantities of ammunition, multiple firearm magazines and a small quantity of suspected Methamphetamine and Fentanyl
As a result of this investigation a 26-year-old male of Saugeen Shores has been charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Other Drugs – Fentanyl
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking
He was held for a Bail Hearing and Remanded into Custody
Media Relations Officer
Constable Stacey Gordon