Impaired Driving by Drug and Drug Offences
Media Release – Impaired Driving and Drug Related Offences
On Wednesday, June 19 at 6:05pm Officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of Goderich St and Gustavus St to investigate Highway Traffic Act violations.
During the investigation, officers observed the male driver to be displaying signs of impairment. Evidence of recent drug use was observed in the vehicle.
The man was placed under arrest for impaired operation of a motor vehicle, driving while prohibited and possession of drugs. A search of the vehicle provided evidence of possession for the purpose of trafficking of psilocybin (magic mushrooms) and possession of Methamphetamine.
He was transported to the station and turned over to a Drug Recognition for an evaluation.
A 58 year old man from the Municipality of Huron East has been charged with:
- Obstruct Plate - HTA 13(2)
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle - HTA 12(1)(d)
- Operation while prohibited - CC 320.18
- Possession of a Sched I - Methamphetamine - CDSA 4(1)
- Operation while impaired - drugs - CC 320.14(1)(a)
- Possession of a Sched III for purpose of trafficking - CDSA 5(2) – magic mushrooms
- Possess unmarked cigarettes - TTA 29(2)
He was released from custody with a court date.