Drug Impaired Driving Leads to Several Charges
On Thursday, April 11th, 2019 at 9:54pm officers observed a vehicle being operated in a suspicious manner on Gustavus Street. A stop of the vehicle containing a female driver and male passenger was conducted near Thede Drive.
The investigating officer spoke to the driver and observed her to be displaying signs of drug consumption. A Standard Field Sobriety Test was conducted at the roadside resulted in the driver performing poorly. She was placed under arrest for Operation while impaired – Drug.
The driver was transported to the police station where she was turned over to a Drug Recognition Expert for an evaluation. She did not perform well and was charged accordingly.
A 27 year old Hanover women has been charged with:
- Operation while impaired – Drug
- Fail to Comply with Probation – possession of drug paraphernalia
- Fail to Comply with Probation – keep the peace and be of good behaviour
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis – Cannabis Act
She was released on a Promise to Appear.
During the vehicle stop police investigated the male passenger, who upon initial contact provided a false name to avoid detection.
The male was known to an officer and was placed under arrest.
An at scene investigation revealed that the male was in possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order and was in possession of methamphetamine.
A 29 year old Bruce County man has been charged with:
- Obstruct Police
- Possession of a weapon contrary to order
- Fail to Comply with Probation – Keep the peace and be of good behaviour
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Possession of Schedule 1 substance – methamphetamine
He was released on a promise to appear.
Sgt Evans – Media Relations Officer