EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - POLICE CONSTABLE - CADET
Police Constable - Cadet
The Saugeen Shores Police Service is actively recruiting for the position of Police Constable-Cadet. Saugeen Shores is a growing community located on the Lake Huron coastline in Bruce County and covers 170 square kilometers. Saugeen Shores is the amalgamated municipalities of Port Elgin, Saugeen Township and Southampton.
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated continuous learning beyond high school and a commitment to working with the community. The candidate selection process will reflect the dedication of the Saugeen Shores Police Service to the principles of Equal Opportunity.
The Saugeen Shores Police Service will be accepting applications for the position of Police Constable Cadet until September 7th 2021. Those interested in a career in Law Enforcement should be aware of our basic requirements which include:
To be considered for a career in policing, you must meet certain minimum requirements as outlined in the Police Services Act.
Specifically, you must:
• be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada:
• be at least 18 years of age;
• be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard to your own safety and the safety of members of the public;
• have successfully completed at least four years of secondary school education or its equivalent. (Note: official transcripts and diplomas will be required).Where education has been completed outside Ontario, official proof of equivalency must be obtained by contacting the Ontario Ministry of Education and Training;
• be of good moral character and habits, meaning that you are an individual other people would look upon as being trustworthy and having integrity.
In addition, you must:
• possess a valid driver's license with no more than six accumulated demerit-points, permitting you to drive an automobile in Ontario with full driving privileges;
• have current certification in CPR and first aid by the time the offer of employment is given;
• be able to pass a security clearance as well as background investigation, credit and reference checks.
Pardons: If you have any criminal convictions under a federal statute, you must obtain a pardon. If you have 'Findings of Guilt' which have resulted in absolute or conditional discharges, the records must be 'sealed' by the RCMP.
(This will be done automatically following one year if the absolute discharge is registered after July 24,1992. For a conditional discharge, this will be done automatically following three years if the conditional discharge is registered after July 24,1992. Otherwise you must apply to have these records sealed.)
Items required for application package:
• Cover Letter
• OACP “Police Officer Application Form” Available online at: https://oacpcertificate.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Police-Officer-Application-Form-July-2020.pdf
• Detailed Resume including volunteer work and dates
• Reference letters
• Previous workplaces within the last 5 years
• Copies of Government issued ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, OHIP card, etc.)
• Copies of Official transcripts and Certificates (high-school, College, and / or University) (even if incomplete)
• Applicants educated outside of Canada may be required to produce an Ontario equivalency assessment document.
• Copy of your OACP Certificate
• Driver’s abstract record from the Ministry of Transportation (Ontario)
• Medical Examination Package (provided by OACP)
• Fitness Log / Fitness journal (Forms provided by OACP)
• Copy of CPR (Level "C") and First Aid certification (up-to-date)
To Serve and Protect in Partnership with the Community
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit your application in person or by mail to the Saugeen Shores Police Service:
Saugeen Shores Police Service 1240 MacKenzie Road, Port Elgin P.O. Box 1269
Ontario, N0H2C0 Atten: Chief of Police
The Saugeen Shores Police Service welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspect of the hiring process
Share this article >