Break and Enter, Firearms and Drug Arrests
Firearms, Break and Enter and Drug Offences
On Saturday, July 18th at 4:14am officers were dispatched to an address in Southampton concerning a break and enter that had just occurred.
Officers arrived and determined that a quantity of electronics was stolen from inside of the residence.
An investigation was commenced that led police to a hotel in Southampton. While at the hotel officers arrested two persons alleged to be responsible for the break and enter. Officers recovered the stolen items from the suspects.
Also located in the hotel room was a quantity of cocaine, approximately $15,000 in cash and a loaded 9mm hand-gun with a chambered round.
A 19 year old man and a 21 year old man, both from Toronto, have been charged with:
- Break and Enter and commit an indictable offence
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000
- Theft Over $5000
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Breach of Firearms regulation – store firearm (unsafe)
- Careless storage of a firearm X2
- Possession of a firearm knowing the serial number has been tampered with
- Possession of Schedule 1 substance – cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Fail to comply with a probation order (21 year old man only)
Both men were held for a bail hearing and remanded into custody pending an in-person court appearance.
Media Relations Officer
Sergeant Andy Evans