March 20, 2019
Drugs, Weapons and Warrants - Several Arrested
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, a Uniform Officer was on patrol on Goderich Street in Port Elgin when he observed a male who was “Wanted” on the strength of a Bench Warrant. The officer then observed this Wanted male to be involved in what was believed to be suspicious drug related activity and alerted the Criminal Investigations & Drugs Unit.
The Wanted male was arrested a short distance away has been charged with 2 counts of Failing to attend Court and 1 count of Failing to comply with a Promise to Appear.
The Criminal Investigations & Drugs Unit investigated the suspicious circumstances and as a result 2 traffic stops were conducted in the Town of Saugeen Shores.
As a result of the traffic stops, 2 adult females and 5 adult males were arrested and several charges were laid. An adult female and male were released unconditionally. The remaining persons have been released with a future court date.
1) Possession of Weapons for a Dangerous Purpose
2) Possession of a Weapon contrary to Prohibition Order
3) Possession of a Controlled Substance – Fentanyl
4) Possession of a Controlled Substance – Crystal Meth
5) Fail to Comply with Probation Order
6) Fail to Comply with Officer in Charge Undertaking
Officers seized a quantity of Fentanyl, Crystal Meth, a Cross bow, expandable baton and a balaclava.
Detective Sergeant Jeremy Mighton
Released by Sergeant Andy Evans
Media Relations Officer
Share this article >